Most of us are used to treating ailments with pharmaceutical pills of one sort or another. The idea of using plants as medicine would seem outdated. It evokes medieval visions of cackling witches brewing their secret potions in the moonlight or peasant women boiling roots and barks.
However, people all over the world are now turning to health foods, botanicals, and herbal remedies. And today, we are going to educate you about one such herb that is no less than a miracle - Valeriana Jatamansi.
Valerian Jatamansi is a Perennial herb, not cultivated but grows wildly. It bears pink or white flowers.
In traditional and modern Indian medicine, Valeriana Jantamansi is pretty well known. For centuries it has been used for medicinal purposes, especially in Ayurvedic (Indian) systems of medicine.
Found mostly in the temperate Himalayas region, from Kashmir to Bhutan and Khasi Hills. It grows well in moist loamy soils having partial shades of trees.
It grows in slopes over a wide range of soil that it gets adequate nutrients and water.
Uses of Valerian in Ayurveda
- Valerian Jatamansi has been used in Ayurvedic system medicine for a long time. Its Ayurvedic name is Tagar.
- It is a herb of choice for native support from mental conditions. It may help relieve stress, anxiety, and is considered to have antioxidant, digestive, circulatory properties. It may help calm the nervous system.
The Health Benefits You Can Get Are:
- Having trouble sleeping can increase your risk for anxiety, depression, heart failure, and high blood pressure. The powder added with tea or milk can help improve sleeping quality and treat sleeping disorders.
- Jatamansi has been proven to lower high blood pressure. It works to regulate the heart rate and treat both High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) and Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension).
- Applying Jatamansi is the best way to prevent infections from bacteria that can cause cuts and bruises area.
- Due to various reasons such as improper eating habits, changes in diet, and stressful lifestyle, health issues like constipation may cause. Jatamansi is the best and effective option for curing constipation as it works without affecting digestion and other systems in the body.
- Regular care and protective measures of your skin are becoming very essentials. Jatamansi is the best and effective solution for curing and preventing a range of skin issues like dermatitis, which involves itchy, rash, or dry skin and reddened the skin. Other skin conditions in which skins cell build up and form scales, itchy dry patches, can also benefit by using Jatamansi.
- A few of the Jatamansi benefits for hair include extracting the natural oil and using in on your scalp for increased hair growth. It is also beneficial for healthy, smooth, and silky hair too.
- Other minor ailments: The powdered also helps in curing minor ailments such as cold sores, severe headache, and many more